Thursday, December 18, 2014

A little adieu...


I love Autumn. It's my favourite time of year (though Winter is a close second). I can't believe that this season is already over! It seemed like Summer took forever to move along and Autumn has breezed by in a complete blur! It has been a beautiful season here in North Florida. That's not something I ever get to say, but we really have had a colourful Fall full of chilly nights, clear skies and even woodsmoke on the air once in a while!

The Winter Solstice is coming up. The longest night of the year and the first day of Winter. I hope you get a chance to get out in the beautiful last lingering days of Fall. It's hard to believe what with all the holiday preparations, that it technically is still Autumn. Sigh. I encourage you to take some time and feel peace in nature during this transitional time. It's crisp, the colours are fading into the silvers, tawny browns and greys of this new season. It's all so beautiful isn't it? Watching it all transform?

I plan on taking a little time this weekend to get a little fire going in the backyard fire pit. I may even brew up wassail and perhaps play a game of dominoes with the hubs in the very few hours I do not have to be at work. What will you do to note this passing of time? I hope you steal a peaceful moment for yourself.

Here is a previous musing on the seasons, and another. I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment