Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday Happies!

Fleecy Flock Ribbon (see below!!)

Hey y'all! Can you believe it's only 5 full days until Christmas? That's nuts. It seems like this season has been slow (helloooo retail!) and very fast at the same time. This weekend I'm working like a damn hound, but it's okay. It's almost done and soon it will be New Year's! What a whirlwind of a year!!

Anyway! You know what Fridays around here mean! Here are some funs, happies, heart-warmies & pretties to help usher you into your weekend (and hopefully put a smile on your face too).

*It met with mixed reviews, but this year's tree in Reading, Pennsylvania was pardoned even though some city council members and residents thought "it was too ugly". Not only has it been saved and is on display in the middle of town, but they embraced it's Charlie Brown Christmas Tree-ness and placed a blue blanket around the base (think Linus' security blankie) and a single red ornament. Everyone in the town has been invited to help jazz it up (just like at the end of the Charlie Brown Christmas Special) on Christmas Day and they've even started an essay contest so people can submit writings on the real meaning of this season. Now talk about getting it right, y'all! Way to go guys!

*Fleecy Flock Ribbon Sheep?!?!?! I didn't realize it until now, but now that I know it exists; I must procure it for loved ones!

*A possibly transformative New Year's Resolution (more on those next week).

*These parents got together to give their kids' crossing guard a new vehicle when his was repossessed due to mounting hospital bills for his sick wife. What a lovely gesture!

*As you know, I dream of having a smidgen of "grown-up" in my bohemian, quirky & inner-child friendly apartment. I really liked this makeover for a newlywed couple feeling the same way. Though the realist in me wonders just how much that makeover actually cost.

*This would be so perfect for the hubs' bedside table (and one for me too...*ahem*).

*Check out this Japanese man's totally zen gift-wrapping style. I cannot even figure out what shape the wrapping paper started out in but woah!! I'm impressed! While you're at it, check out this Japanese man's incredible ironing skills (I'm baffled by most garments myself- though cloth napkins I've got down), and this Japanese man's shoe-shining skills. As my husband says, "there is something so soothing and gratifying about watching someone do something with their hands, and do it so masterfully." Japan has definitely gotten some things figured out!

*Minus the bows, I would totally wear these and pretend I was Phryne Fisher.

*In that same vein, these bad boys would work too (but in a champagne colour like she wears)!

*Nine year old girl writes a kind letter to her teacher. "It's just your life."

*We love Ray Blount Jr. at our house, and his hilarious commentaries on Southern life always make my day better. His take on Christmas songs is a winner for me. Love it!

*This is (literally) one of my favourite holiday songs (other than all things Vinve Guiraldi & Nat King Cole). I don't know what that says about me. I also love that the video for it is from an entirely different song. Hilarious.

*Never underestimate the power of egg whites. From pancakes, cookies, soups & cocktails, this surprising ingredient is Best in Show for many a recipe. Check some out here!

*Contrary to my love of the 20's, I know I'm a nerd and thiiiiiiis close to being a macaroni necklace-wearing earth-muffin...but I still totally want this (and have for years now)!

*Remember that delightful chunky knit throw from Tuesday's post? Here's a way to make one yourself!!

Have a wonderful weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment