Friday, August 28, 2015

Top Three Ch-ch-changes!

Hey guys! Well, today's Top Three coincides nicely with the happy cyclone of activity in my world these days. Wanna know about it?

#1. After four years at my job, I have put in my notice. It's been a helluva ride, these past four years, and I feel I've emerged from it a better, wiser person. There were some really hard times (my thanks to every person that had to listen to me bitch about it for nearly half a decade). There have been amazing people and lots of laughs and shoulders to cry on. I'm super grateful for that and I'm taking that with me in a heart-shaped velvet box, so to speak. Today is my last day. Afterwards we're all meeting up for drinks and laughs and probably tears. Some of the people I've worked with are so special and we all worry a little that we won't see each other as much as we really want to (like high school graduation). But we're going to try.

The opportunity to work in this place came to me when the Hubs and I were going through some serious LIFE stuff. I was (though I didn't quite realize it) in the throes of a serious bout with depression. I wasn't coping with anything life had to hand me and frequently sabotaged myself. I took the job out of sheer desperation and it became an island in a tempestuous sea. Sometimes it actually became the tempestuous sea and the island was something else altogether. I won't lie about that. There were many nights I came home and wept and drank copious glasses of wine because though the people I work with were becoming special to me, it wasn't easy to get there and the job itself was throttling my psyche. So today is the last day I officially work there. I'm very thankful for what it taught me, the people it brought into my world and the person that has been sculpted from every chip it seemed to be hacking away from me. Turns out, there is a method to the madness, y'all.

#2. I'm starting a new job!! I'm so excited and so terrified. It's in a similar field except I will no longer have to sell, sell, SELL! Or work an insanely always-changing schedule. I will have off a day or two around holidays (17 years of retail says what?!). I don't even know what to do with that, y'all.  I'll be one of those people who has weekends. I cannot wrap my head around that one. Like at all. It doesn't seem real. Of course, I'll be learning new skills and working with a new bunch of people who hopefully won't totally suck. Hopefully I won't suck at this job either! Here's hoping!

#3. My Fall haircut. It isn't earth-shattering news but it is a change! After a sweltering summer and wearing my hair in a ballet bun for four months, honey- I'm ready to have a new look. I was going to wait until the first day of Fall to really kick it off, but I kinda had to with the new gig.

The first picture is right when I got out of the salon...it's a little too perfect, but that's what happens when you go to the salon. I call that my "A Little Bit Country" look. The one on the right is more my style. A little looser and textured. My "A Little Bit Rock & Roll" look. The last image is what I'm aspiring to, minus the slightly vacant eyes.




So, what do y'all think? I love it and can't wait to see how it looks when I get it long like it is in the "inspiration' picture. I really dig it.

Anywho, guys! I hope y'all have a great weekend and think good thoughts for Little Lulu on Monday. I'm so nervous!!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment