Monday, March 16, 2015

Thoughts on pulling the trigger...so to speak...



Things I've been needing to make decisions about:

1. Finding a house.

2. My fitness & health.

3. Job/Career

Things I have been obsessing about or sabotaging:

1. Finding a house.

2. My fitness & health (beer...why you so yummy?)

3. Job/Career.

Coincidence? Methinks not. But, why oh why oh why oh?

Mostly because I'm overwhelmed with a smattering of fear. Partially because the last time I just went and did something about 2 of the 3 of those, it ended up being great for what we needed then but every attempt to progress afterward quickly felt like quicksand. As for fitness and health...I'm getting there and will not beat myself up about having a bit of a hitch in my giddy-up. I just need to light a fire, so to speak.

Decide.

So here's what I want and here's what I'm doing about it:

1. I want a house that fills our needs and doesn't break the bank. We are actively looking and (I'm) trying to convince the hubs that the right thing will feel right (as that tends to lead us to good things anyway). Instead of forcing something that is sort of right but mostly not.

2. Just doing it. Making the healthy snacks so I don't buy 37 peanut butter-filled chocolate bunnies. Doing the exercise because I want to feel good in pretty clothes this summer (and always). Going to bed early yadda yadda (and limiting the yummy beer too).

3. I want to do something for a career that I'm passionate about. Writing, creating, and helping people. I see it's possibility glimmering in the distance and I want to grab it and hold on to it forever. Also, I'm aware that bills need to be paid, and I'd prefer to do something in the meantime that isn't so hard on my body, emotions and psyche as my current gig. Is that asking too much? Anyway, I'm actively looking for something new. Also, I'm choosing to ignore the biased and unsolicited advice of a few close to me that prefer that I settle because it would directly affect their job if I left. I'm choosing also, to work more fervently on my personal passions. I need to and I've put them off for a long time.

Y'all, I am tired of feeling bogged down. Do you ever feel that way? I honestly believe that I could be living the life I want to live every day starting now. I just have to take it one day at a time and stop bitching about the things I want to change and just...pull the ever-lovin' trigger, you know?

What could you pull the trigger on in your life? I'd love to know!

I hope you have a truly wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment