Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Thoughts on 10 minutes...


The other day I saw something on a blog I read regularly (Yes & Yes) about the first ten minutes of anything you do. Something about it really stuck with me. Here's how it goes:

              "The first ten minutes of any part of your day - when you get up, when you get into work, 
               when you get home - often set the pace for the rest of it. Pay attention to your choices; 
               create a routine that serves you."

I love it! It's such a simple concept and it rings true (for me at least). My husband and I are pretty bad about getting on our respective computers as soon as we get home (for example). Yes, we have multiple online outlets that we utilize for business purposes and that's all well and good. I noticed, though, that when we come home and don't open the computers for a while, the vibe is generally better for the evening. Then we feed off each other's productivity. I noticed it just last night when I got home from work! 

So I'm going to make an effort to be better with all of my first ten minutes'. When I wake, when I get to work, when I take my lunch, when I get home from work etc. Even if those ten minute increments are the most productive of my whole day, that's a lot of minutes! It's a hell of a lot better than paying no attention to it at all; and I have a sneaking suspicion that productivity wouldn't stop with that first ten. Positive stuff is super contagious! 

Will you try it with me, y'all? Try to be mindful of the first ten minutes of all you do? It's so easy and it really shed a light on how we spend (and waste!) our time. 

And sometime or another, take a few moments to check out Yes & Yes. Her blog is quite enjoyable!

I truly hope you have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. It is a choice isn't it? A choice of how you want your day to be.... plugged in or cord pulled out of socket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really has made a difference. i notice now the first things i do when i get home or work. it's an eye opener!

    ReplyDelete