Monday, November 10, 2014

100!


Happy Monday, y'all! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was a pleasant blend of work and fun. The decluttering and organizing kick I'm on has done wonders for my psyche. Seriously, I never knew I could get so much done. I'm being very careful to make sure to leave room for fun and nothing-doing (two of my favorite things) and so far the balance is working out so very nicely!

Well, today is my 100th post! I can't believe it! It seems like just yesterday I logged on and created this blog to help me mentally escape and try to grow out of a tough situation at work. Already this has evolved and continues to. I love it. I look forward to writing this posts every day and it still is providing me with an "excuse" to do more, be more and strive for a positive, abundant and balanced life. Whew! Awesome!

Today, I thought I would share a philosophy that the hubs turned me on to. It's No Zero Days. He found it here on Reddit (the column to the right of the page), and I've found myself going back to this idea over and over and over again for a few months now. It's great for when you don't know how to start to make changes, or you are someone who is suffering from depression and needs a ladder rung to cling to (I love the bit about the 3 "you's" too).

Basically the paraphrased, Reader's Digest version of the idea is this: do one thing a day, no matter how small, that moves you closer to your goal. For example: I want to lose five pounds. Today I did a few sit-ups and passed on french fries when I went out to lunch. It isn't much but those little things add up. Imagine what it could do for you if you're trying to tackle a big project like writing a novel, or rebuilding an engine in a classic car!

Take some time to read more on No Zero Days, there's more to it than what I shared. It's fantastic and it's a little something that can reignite inspiration, motivation and therefore change. Change is good, y'all! Try a little something today to be better, smarter, healthier, happier, and more positive!

I truly hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for swinging by!

No comments:

Post a Comment