Thursday, October 2, 2014

A Little Yummy Goodness!

My little lunch spot at The Paisley Cafe. Best butternut squash soup!

How is this week going by so quickly, y'all?! I can't believe its already Thursday! I've been working hard all week, but had an awesome day off on Tuesday. I treated myself to a lovely lunch at my favorite little spot in town with a good book and a glass of prosecco.

Well, I mentioned earlier in the week that I was trying some new smoothies this week to get some extra nutrients and a good breakfast in my tummy before I leave for work. I've been experimenting with a few recipes so I thought I'd share some of them with you!

*Sweet Greens. I make my own version of this that is very similar. I sub peaches for pear, it's just a taste preference. But man oh man! This is so good and its the best breakfast on the go. I added flax seed too and am making this a daily thing. It's just a great!

*These awesome raspberry and peach smoothies. Again, I tweak this a little for my own tastes. I mix the two together and use almond milk instead of greek yogurt (and those flax seeds are ever present). But, this is such a nice, refreshing drink. It makes a great breakfast, but I find it really fits my 3:00 pm "I'm now completely worthless to the world" energy slump quite nicely.

*This clean-eating Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Smoothie sounds so incredible. It's healthy and yet it seems so decadent and desserty! I plan on making this as a part of my weekend "treat yo'self" awesomeness.

*This Blackberry Cherry Smoothie is perfection. I sub almond milk (der- I'm not buying thirty types of dairy to make smoothies, sorry) for coconut milk. But LAWD, it is good!!!!!

*This Hidden Veggie Breakfast Smoothie. I think you could sneak some beets in there too. I'm not the hugest beet fan in the world but they are so good for you, I have to figure out a way to trick even myself.

Do you have a go-to smoothie or healthy breakfast on the go recipe you could share? I'm always looking for new ways to be healthy while maintaining my natural ineptitude for getting out the door on time in the mornings.

I hope you take some time to try some of these. They really are delicious and it is always good to do something positive for your body.

I hope y'all have a truly wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment