Thursday, June 25, 2015

Wine Smoothies...

Image from High Heels to Hot Wheels

Last week I was looking for a recipe to help me get through my (tiny) freezer full of frozen fruit. I love smoothies, but just haven't been in the mood in the mornings to make them. I didn't want to bake any cakes or casseroles with the fruit because I don't want sweets around the house. Then I stumbled upon a recipe for wine smoothies. Whuh? Yes, wine smoothies. The hubs and I aren't really feeling drinking much (it's too dang hot here in the South right now), but I did brew up a glass last night to see what the hubbub was about. The result? Those things are delicious!

Here are a few recipes from around the web:
*Cooking with Curls. The Classic.
*Dessert for Two. Peach White Wine Slushies.
*High Heels to Hot Wheels. Red Wine Smoothie.

If you're looking for a lovely and light summer indulgence, then this may just be the ticket. But remember to stay hydrated, it's way too hot for over-indulgence! Would you try wine smoothies?

I hope you're having a truly wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment