Monday, November 24, 2014

Gettin' Ready!

Happy Monday, y'all! I hope your weekend was lovely and relaxing. In the retail biz, this week is nucking futs and as always, I'm trying my best to remain as calm and positive as I possibly can.

Have y'all started shopping yet? I'm almost finished and occupying the fleeting free moments I have looking for beautiful eco-friendly wrapping options. What do you guys use? Every year I try something different. Almost always it involves recycled brown paper because I'm a predictable ole earth muffin. One year I used old sepia postcards as name tags. Another year I wrapped presents to look like faery tale toadstools. Today I pooled a few options that have tickled my brain. I'd love to share them with you and I'd love to hear about what ideas have too!

And in the meantime, let me remind you that this is the time set aside for gratitude (which should be daily, honestly) so please remember what Black Friday really means too: hard-working family-having retail workers are working their asses off this week (and the five weeks following) so please be kind while you're out doing your thing. You can get wonderful discounts and still not treat people like trash. I've been doing this for 16 holiday seasons now. It's hard and we really don't give a shit about your discounts. We want you to be happy and to get out as quickly as possible so we can spend time with our family members and loved ones.

Let us all make a pact to be kind to each other no matter what. And with that...here's some fun-

I love to give wine. A gift that keeps on giving. And this is such a lovely handmade way to present such a thoughtful (and easy gift).









I truly hope you have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment