Monday, October 20, 2014

Little Victories...



Hey y'all! It's a beautiful autumn morning here in North Florida. Warm with a lovely breeze and brilliant blue skies. Magical. Well, I had a fantastic weekend. I visited a dear friend and her new baby, then the hubs and I caught THE BEST Jason Isbell & John Prine show. Fantastic.

So anyway, around here on Mondays we celebrate the little victories that make progress possible. When your in the mire of change sometimes it's hard to realize how far you have come. I share my little victories in the hopes you will recognize your own and perhaps even share some of yours with me!

*Vitamins. I'm so bad about taking them regularly usually. I've been taking them regularly for a few days now and it has made a nice difference (even if its the placebo effect). But feeling good is a big deal and something I want to feel regularly. Go vitamins!!! I'm a complete and total nerd.

*Kept on the bright side. I don't like driving in big cities. I'm not a huge fan of the city we went to for the concert to begin with and it was tough. Hours of traffic and our valeted car got broken into. I didn't let it ruin my mood. In fact, we looked at all the bright side things like our seats got upgraded at the concert (like six rows closer!) and so did our hotel! It makes everything better when you acknowledge the little gifts.

*We got a big dose of inspiration and motivation from the show. So so good. The first step when overwhelmed with inspiration is to do something about it. And I am. No zero days, I'm doing one small thing every time the wind of inspiration blows. Getting that snowball effect going, you know! This is kind of vague but so far its been things like unpacking my bags immediately instead of living out of them for a month. Getting the laundry done before we went to bed yadda yadda. It all adds up!

What little victories did you achieve this weekend or week? I'd love to know!

I hope you have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment