Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Spread the Love



Hey y'all, it's Wednesday. I certainly hope your week is going well. Mine has been spent working, and trying to squeeze in as many workouts as I can (I've got a goal) while ceaselessly shushing my inner desire for a gargantuan glass of wine (or three...what else is new, right?). I also had a moment this week (Tuesday to be precise) in which I found myself so utterly frustrated at something that I could barely focus.

Now, keep in mind, this was a total first world problem; a nothing, a zilch in the grand scheme of things. Problems with an online account. Silly and yet, I found myself so completely pissed off I couldn't focus on a simple 10-minute jog around the lake. I did all I could to remedy the situation, and just stewed in it while I cooked dinner. After about an hour or so, I figured out something unbelievably obvious.

It didn't frickin' matter.

It wouldn't matter today, it won't matter tomorrow and it sure as shit won't matter when I'm ash. So, why is it taking up my precious waking moments? It no longer is. Bada-bing, bada-boom. Done. I fixed it by having the account deleted and moving on to focus on others which is far more important. That brings us to our usual Wednesday love-fest, and here are more deserving people, animals and organizations that need our help. Remember, even if its just five bucks at a time...it can change someone, or some animal's whole world. Be blessed, y'all! Keep the good juju flowing!

*Y'all, my cousin had the weirdest, saddest thing happen to him and his family when a bunch of bats nested in his house. His dog got sick and sadly, died. My cousin began having major problems with his lungs. He and his wife and new baby had to move out and it's been an awful ordeal. If you feel inclined, please give to help them get through this situation. It's heart-wrenching and quite terrifying.

*Help Josh Zandstra become a first generation blueberry farmer!

*Help champion education for children in Ethiopia. Awake & Alive!

*Find and support your local Waterkeeper Alliance! Here's mine!

*Help get Carrotman published! A great little picture book to teach children how not to waste their food. Four days to go!!!

*Give the birds some love and give to the American Bird Conservancy!

I hope you have a truly wonderful day!



Image courtesy of Wild Delmarva which benefits the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment