Thursday, July 31, 2014

Love Yo'self

Self-care is something I need to work on. Considering how vain I can be sometimes, I certainly don't care for myself the way I should. Or, at the least, I could be doing better. I've removed the immediate bad guys from my list over the past year: excessive booze, cigarettes, and weirdly my beloved caffeine. But, in the clamor of daily life, I have neglected the things I used to hold dear. Skin care, healthy recipes, meditations, organization and the like.

So on Thursdays, I want to add some fun health and care suggestions, recipes, home remedies etc. to encourage caring for oneself as an act of kindness and generosity. I'm not using the terms associated with glamorous magazines and what-not or anything like that because, Ew. Instead, personal kindness is the name of the game. Our bodies are strong and capable of incredible feats every day. Let's honor them together in fun and creative ways. Here's a few suggestions for your Thursday!

* Five-minute post-work yoga. I do this every day before and after work and I love the quirky and sweet instructor. 


*DIY Greek Yogurt face mask. I can't wait to try this out. I bet it feels like chilly bliss.

*As a kid I always had bug-bite ridden legs in the summertime; this summer has been unintentionally nostalgic. Homemade Calamine Lotion!

*Intrigued, because I do love me some coconut oil. All-Natural Homemade Face Polish.

*A little reflexology for your tired tootsies. I need to massage my sinuses, liver and small intestines. Never thought I'd type that sentence. 


Have a truly wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment