Monday, February 9, 2015

They say it's MY BIRTHDAY!!


It's my birthday too! Yeah, so I kinda love my birthday. Der.

It's like New Year's one month and one week later. It's a time filled with hearts and red and pink and purple and the seductive whispers of spring and delightfully cold fluffy-cloud days!

I love my life and I love celebrating my birthday. I'm 33 this year. When my mother was 33 she had an awkward kid in junior high. When my grandmother was 33, she had three kids ranging from elementary school to high school. My great-grandmother had four kids in elementary school. Geeeesh.

If I'm lucky, I'll get some health insurance this year. I'm pretty low maintenance y'all, but still, I can't help but think about who I am and where I am and the life I envision for myself. It looks a hell of a lot different than my life looks now. But it's still there in the ether and in the meantime, my life in the non-ether is peacefully rad.

Anyway... all of this is to say, you don't have to wait for your birthday to celebrate the wonder of your  everyday life. You don't have to wait until the calendar pages sweep off the wall dramatically like in a movie. Just take the time to love your life. Love it's weird eccentricities. Love its swoops and gut-flipping loopty-loops.

Just love it, because it's what you have and it's worth loving.

It's worth looking at for a moment or two or a lifetime. Celebrate!

3 comments:

  1. And have a glass of prosecco with fruit on your special day! Love you honey and am so proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!!!!!!! Hope it's the best!!!!! Yes I had to use that many exclamation marks. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw thanks you guys! love to you both!!! with extra exclamations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete