Monday, January 19, 2015

Happy Birthday, Dr. King!

Happy Monday, y'all! I hope for those of you who get today off, that you enjoy it. Today I thought I'd share some quotes from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Everyone knows the "I have a dream" speech, but he said many things I find inspiring, so I'm sharing them with y'all in the hopes you find them inspiring too. We can all use a reminder to treat others better, including ourselves. I know I do!


"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

"Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude."

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."

"Let no man pull you low enough to hate him."

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."

"The time is always right to do what is right."

"Everyone has the power for greatness, not for fame but greatness; because greatness is determined by service."

We have a lot of work to do, y'all. Inside and out. I hope you have a truly wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment