Monday, October 6, 2014

Little Victories!

A happy place of mine. It's tucked away and I like to read there.

Happy Monday, y'all! I hope you had a great weekend and your week has started back up full of positivity and good intentions. Around here on Mondays I like to celebrate a few small victories in the hopes it will inspire you to take notice of the little things you did that are helping you incrementally toward your goals, happiness and the like! So, without further ado, here's the list!

*I ordered the broccoli. I wanted fries, but I've been craving French fries like crazy for a month and no amount of me ordering it is satiating the craving (so bizarre- and no, I'm not knocked up). However whilst we enjoyed a slap-dash meal at a favorite restaurant this weekend, I ordered the Parmesan broccoli instead. It was delicious and it did make me feel noticeably less guilty/bitchy afterward. Yay for baby trees! That's what I called them when I was a little 'un.

*I said, "I'm great actually." when people asked me how I was doing at work. I felt like rubbish (been fighting a cold thanks to burning the candle at both ends for a few weeks). I could have been grumpy. In all honesty I had to correct myself a few times and remind myself to say I was better than I was. Even though I felt like I had been hit by a truck, I still was doing great. I was in a good mood and I wasn't having difficult customers, everything was going pretty swimmingly. So, to sum that up, I chose the majority good over the one bad. It helped and by the end of the work day I was even beginning to feel a bit better.

*I told someone they were right/had good advice when they were/gave it. Two peoples actually! It's funny and odd to realize how frequently our friends, family, co-workers, spouses, lovers etc. say or do something that is solid and how rarely we tell them that. For reasons of pride or time or whatever excuses we make. But it felt good to say, "That's great advice, so-and-so. I think I may just try that!" and "You know, you are right about that thing we talked about. Thanks for your input, it really helped me with my quandary etc." However you say it, try to acknowledge someone's rightness today. It really surprises them and usually brings a smile to their faces.

What little victories did you have? I'd love to know!

I hope you have a truly wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment