Saturday, October 4, 2014

Have a Breezy Saturday!

It's almost pumpkin time y'all! I saw these beauties at Tractor Supply (I love Tractor Supply)!

Lovelies! It is a gorgeous breezy Autumn(isn) day down here in the deep ole dirty South. There is something so enchanting about Fall. I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps its the changing of the season, the final reprieve from the stifling humid heat of Southern Summers. I've always been so affected by those first tendrils of cool on the air. They are becoming more frequent now and it makes me feel more creative, more adventurous, spontaneous and feisty. Maybe its the animal inside, you know? Something inside senses a change is on the wind.

I plan on spending as much time outdoors this weekend as I can. I want to absorb all the tingly, breezy, fantastic energies swirling all around. Take some time with me. Find a place to set up, camp out, so to speak. I'm talking picnic style, if you can arrange it. Or maybe a porch or a shady, spot in nature. Spread a blanket down and lay on your back and look at the clouds (when was the last time you did that?).

Take the time to feel the change moving about nature. If you can only steal ten minutes with your coffee, then do it. It lowers blood pressure and generally makes you a happier person to be around. It is truly a beautiful thing to sit back and look at the world going about its business. It reminds you that you're here for a ride and that everything isn't all about you. There is something bigger going on. That's something I think we all need to take time to remember, and I think it's a lovely thought. As humans we tend to make ourselves believe it all revolves around us and it just doesn't. Take comfort in that thought. We are a part of an ecosystem, not any other way around.

Take some deep breaths and send out some gratitude. For the changing of the season, for the wonderful things in your life and the beautiful nature that surrounds you.

I hope you have a truly wonderful and breezy Autumn day!


No comments:

Post a Comment