Thursday, August 14, 2014

Love Yo'self!

I enjoy that Colbie Caillet's video and song, "Try", is getting attention for empowering today's youths with body-loving pride. But I, being a child of the 80's & 90's, immediately was reminded of a song and artist (Natalie Merchant) who blew our young, impressionable and bepimpled faces off in  the summer of '95 with this female-centric, spirit-based song, Wonder. Enjoy it with me, kiddos. Don't just skip it. Of course the video is a little cliche, all these kinds of videos can be...but the lady cutting out paper chain dolls (a dying art- I loved doing that as a kid!!) and making them dance together...I have to say, it moved me. I hadn't listened to that song aside from the random playings at the grocery store, since I had the album Tigerlily playing nonstop back in the day (sometimes I really miss the 90's!).

Give the lyrics a listen too, or look them up and give them a read. "Fate smiled and destiny, laughed as she came to my cradle, know this child will be able. Laughed as my body she lifted, know this child will be gifted. With love, with patience, and with faith. She'll make her way.*". It has so much merit and it made me a more confident and positive woman today. See if it helps you too. Honor yourself, honor the little miracles we were, and have grown to be.



I hope you have a truly wonderful day!



*Personal note, not all faith is religious obviously, but sometimes a reminder is needed. Sometimes it can be faith in others, in tomorrow. Faith in humanity. Faith in ourselves. Faith in love, and most definitely in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment