Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Happies!


Hahahaha! This made me laugh out loud and immediately think of all the Southern women in my life!


Happy Friday, y'all! It's been a week. Man oh man. Not just for me but for my whole family. It's all good though. They're all far more graceful than I am. I still chug along. Anyway, I'm working all weekend, but if you aren't or if you are...here are some funs, pretties, happies, what-not's and feel-goods to help usher you into a nice one regardless!! Enjoy!

*I love this flawy, gauzy top. But I feel compelled to do some push ups (or just get a nice long cardigan to layer with instead) beforehand!

*I'm not a glitzy glam kind of gal, but there are some cute (and some practical) ideas here. 15 ideas for fixing up your old high heels. 

*I really want to make this for our trash and recycling area. Three black plastic trash cans from Home Depot do not do it for me aesthetically. For reals, y'all.

*Have y'all listened to the new song by Ed Sheeran, Thinking Out Loud? I love it! The video is pretty romantic too! Not bad for a guy who never danced like that until training for the video!


*This little heart necklace is so pretty and would be such a nice birthday, Mother's Day or Valentine's Day!

*This Dove "Love your curls" campaign had me crying the happiest tears. They do a wonderful project to help little girls love their curly hair (it made me so sad to hear them say they hated their curls at the beginning, that they wanted to pull it out or straighten it!) then Dove gets together and makes something really beautiful!! I think it's such a lovely way to help little kids in general love the way they look naturally. 






*This made me laugh out loud. Weird ways couples mess with each other. The hubs and I are definitely guilty of a few of these!

*I could not help but cry. Her friends, assistant and cast and crew (of her tv show) flash mobbed her with a cute hula dance! Her reaction is just wonderful! She is the funniest, sweetest gal. Happy 93rd birthday, Betty! Anytime you need a feel good moment, watch it.

*While you're at it, this funny clip of Johnny Carson and Betty White as Adam & Eve had the hubs and I snorting!

*The ultimate reading challenge! Oh, it sounds so fun!!

*100 years of black beauty (and hairstyles) in 1 minute! I love them all! The 1960's is my favourite. The 2000's made me laugh because I totally remember that hairstyle was everywhere!

*Wanna live in a nuclear missile silo in Roswell? It's kinda cool!

*I'm a nerd. I'm a nerd who is also quite vain.  I'm obsessed with teaching myself to sleep on my back (because I want to minimize décolletage wrinkles and the inevitable sagging of my face). Therefore I'm always researching things that will help me accomplish this.

*What would our favorite literature characters be like in 2015? Yes & Yes (I told you I love her blog!) just started a great feature where she explores that very sweet idea! Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables- love it!!

*In 1959, a woman mailed a letter to the man that fathered her child five years previously. Newly married, his wife intercepted the letter and hid it, never mentioning it to him. Fifty-five years later, the father found the letter and found his son. He thought he'd never had any children and always lamented it. It's so sweet to see them together. My favorite quote: "How do you feel finding out you have a son?" His reply? "Like any proud father with a newborn son." Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

*Because I already told you I'm a nerd and I love this kind of stuff! Egg identification chart!!

I hope you have a truly wonderful and relaxing weekend no matter what you get into!!

No comments:

Post a Comment