Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Comfort Food Recipe

Another great cauliflower recipe here!

Happy Tuesday, y'all! Lately I've been craving my comfort food fave, Roasted Cauliflower & Garlic Soup. I've made it twice already. I know, I know. Cauliflower is the stepchild of vegetables. I actually disliked it immensely until I sort of stumbled upon making this recipe last year. Now I think I've mastered it.

 It's three of my favorite things: 1) Cheap: $7 to feed two for two days. 2) Easy: it's three steps: chop, roast, puree. 3) It's CRAZY delicious and creamy! Okay it's also healthy (something like 65 calories a cup).

I'm going to share it with you (you are special because I don't usually share my recipes without changing an ingredient or two so yours is never as good as mine). Ahem, this is the real recipe- I swear.

Ingredients:

1 head of cauliflower
1 onion (I prefer Vidalia)
3 cloves of garlic
S&P to taste
olive oil
1 carton of chicken broth

Directions:

Chop the cauliflower and onion. Place in casserole dish or roasting pan. Toss in peeled garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper generously. Roast at 350 for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.

Remove from oven and let it cool. Once cool, puree it with the chicken broth. Seriously- that's it. It's superb and SO bloody easy. It's a major crowd pleaser too. It's my super-easy "last minute company" go-to!

Do you think you will give it a try? It took me 30 years before I fell in love with cauliflower and I'm so glad I did.

 If you want some different options for it, it's great with a sprinkle chili flakes. In the depths of winter I usually make it with half & half instead of stock. Crumble goat cheese (or cheddar), green onions and bacon on top. Crazy (more fattening) comfort food, big time!

I hope you love it and I hope you have a truly wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment