Monday, September 22, 2014

Little Victories

My little meditation spot.

Hey y'all! It's Monday. I've found myself-- hands thrown upward calling "Whhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy? Why has the weekend ended?!"

Lord, ya'll, it is what it is. It's been a long weekend and I've got a somehow (though I'm not sure how) longer week ahead. Sigh.

Mondays are usually the day I take some time to celebrate the little victories that make the bigger ones possible. Celebrate the little things to remind ourselves that we are indeed making progress. I share mine in hopes that it will help you take notice of your little victories. Here we go!

*I took my vitamins almost every day. I'm a grown-ass woman, and yet... But, taking them most of the days this week is better than nothing, right?!

*I ordered the salad instead of the BLT, and you know what? It was incredible.

*I got out and jogged at 7 am, regardless of how late I was up the night before not taking care of myself (but having a great time!). It felt fantastic, it was nearly chilly! One morning I got in a great jog, the next day I wasn't as energetic so I had a meditation time down by the ducks instead of plowing through another lap. It was just what I needed. I watched a mother duck and ten ducklings swimming and getting organized on shore while a turtle kept poking his head out of the water and watching. All in all, it was way better than sleeping in.

What are your little victories? I'd love to know!

I truly hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment