Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thoughts on manners...


I'm no Emily Post. I have many a cringe-worthy "manners moment" tucked away in the shame file. I more than once have written dozens of thank you notes, stamped and addressed them and...never mailed them. I'm not proud of it, and the point is we all have one or two of those gaps in our etiquette that we work to remedy (some of us do anyway).

All I'm saying is this: just because we are harried this holiday season doesn't mean we should neglect our manners. Say please and thank you (and excuse me!). Open a door for someone, don't tailgate- even if you're running late (that's your issue not theirs). Call someone back in a timely manner if only to say "I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your cocktail party, thank you so much for inviting me!" yadda yadda yadda. It is but the work of a moment and really does make a difference in people's lives and perspectives (and how they view you- that's a biggie).

I hope y'all all have such a nice holiday weekend! And y'all...don't forget to walk those damn thank you notes to the mailbox! Learn from my missteps so you don't look like a total booger!!!

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment